Eye Floaters are Probably Fungal Infection

A lot of people can see strange formations when looking to bright light like – sky, white PC display or white wall. The medicine still does not know exactly what are those formations and guesses that those unidentified floating objects could be collagen fibers, Red Blood Cells and white blood cells from damaged capillaries or actually any material that could get into the vitreous humour in the eye.

Anything that can get into the eye? I think that fungus can get there.

I share a theory with a couple of other people who wrote about it in the past (you can google it): eye floaters are actually a fungal infection.

Some people report that their symptoms get worse when eating a high sugar diet, take antibiotics (kill bacteria and let fungal species to grow) but symptoms improve when taking antifungal drugs.

Fungi or eye floaters

One of the major clues that make me think about eye floaters as fungal infection are the photos of fungus. Just take a look at the next pictures.

Eye floaters are usually seen when you look at bright wall, at the sky or PC display.

You can see fungal hyphae (body), conidiophores (branches) and spores. Magnification: 400X.

In this picture you can see the whole structure of fungus with spores. Magnification: 400X.

This is the macroscopic view of mold you saw in the photos above.

This is the macroscopic view of mold you saw in the photos above.

Do these photos look very similar? I think the answer is sure – yes.

Aging is not the real cause of floaters

Doctors usually say that eye floaters are just a symptom of aging. Well, that surely does not explain why so many children and young adults suffer from floaters. Also in some cases eye floaters spontaneously disappear completely.

Even more curious is the fact that antifungal drugs like fluconazole can cure or greatly alleviate the symptoms of eye floaters. And those experiences are not reported just by the regular users on internet discussion boards but also in scientific literature. One article says about candida endophthalmitis that caused eye floaters and visual loss. The treatment with fluconazole took 5 weeks.[1]

I think that a lot of problems is caused by fungal infections because very most of these subclinical infections can survive in the body for a long time before they cause massive inflammation and major symptoms. I am not 100% sure that eye floaters are caused by fungus but it is very possible and here are strong clues that make me think so.

Natural antifungals

Now the question is how to resolve the eye floaters. It is the same as any other health issue – correct the deficiencies and detoxify. Then the body is capable to eliminate the fungal infections and cure the eye floaters.

To support the body it is good to take serrapeptase, papain and various essential oils that exhibit the strong antifungal properties.

One of the best and extremely potent natural antifungal products is oregano oil.

Serious acute and life threatening infectious conditions should be still managed by man-made drugs but subclinical fungal infections that grow actually in every chronically ill person can be (and should be since doctors usually can not find any problem in subclinical fungal infections) managed with natural products.

Oregano oil is taken internally or put on the skin to be absorbed transdermally. Never put oregano oil directly in the eyes!

References:
1.) L Au, K Guduru, G Lipscomb, and SP Kelly. Candida endophthalmitis: A critical diagnosis in the critically ill. Clin Ophthalmol. Dec 2007; 1(4): 551–554.

You may also like...

28 Responses

1. Anon says:

You mention oregano oil for infections. What has your experience been w/ taking garlic (allicin) for infections compared to oregano oil? Have you tried the allicin?

• John says:

Garlic is great but most people can’t accept the body odor they would have after eating garlic.

Considering that eliminating the fungi is a long process like for 3 months at least it is more convenient to use essential oils.

Allicin may be good if it is stabilized because standard extracts of allicin will contain no allicin after about a month after extraction.

2. Maria says:

Thank you ! I have floaters and I will try oregano oil.

3. Kelley says:

Your article is 100%correct. I am suffering with it now. In my eyes, ears, nose and places I don’t even wan to mention. My quality of life has dramatically declined Anne doctors have been of no help.

• John says:

Eye floater can not be in ears and nose… Or do you mean you have eye floaters and also fungal infection in ears and nose?

4. M57net says:

YOU MAY HAVE JUST CURED MILLIONS !

5. M57net says:

can you put this oil on your eyelids to be absorbed quicker to the eyes?

• John says:

No, oregano oil and other essential oils are strong so NEVER put them in the eyes!

Another thing is that fungal infections are usually present in digestive tract so I think that it is useless applying antifungals transdermally without addressing the digestion – small intestine and colon.

And eye floaters may not be fungal infection so personally I would not put anything like essential oils on eyes or around the eyes.

6. Alex says:

I woke up one morning with TONS of floaters and they are identical to the ones in those pictures. Hundreds of tiny circles and many long, twisting lines. I have always suspected that it was fungal since I have constant yellow phlegm in my throat and eyes every morning. It’s been five years now and my symptoms still persist.

• John says:

If eye floaters are really a fungal infection then they may persist forever because fungal and yeast infections are very stubborn – nail fungus, psoriasis, dandruff, …

• Alex Freiburg says:

I’ve seen opthamogists and they don’t see the floaters but they are definitely there. My main question is… How in the WORLD are they getting into the vitreous humour??

• John says:

If it is really a fungal infection then it is easy to get into the vitreous humour.

Fungal spores can travel through the blood, lymph, grow in any tissues – nails, hair, skin, …

It is really easy for fungi to grow anywhere in the body when there is weak blood flow, weak immune system,…

7. Phil says:

has anyone had any success with the remedies mentioned here?

thanks.

• John says:

Hi Phil,

digestive health is top priority.

When small intestine, stomach and colon are healthy then body can keep up with systemic or widespread infections.

Elimination of yeast and fungal overgrowth in digestive tract will GREATLY help overall.

Fungal or yeast overgrowth in blood or tissues is directly related to blood flow and oxygenation in those parts of the body.

8. alberto says:

but why does the doctors don’t find the cure into 2016 DC???
    I ‘m cure my anger with “mary”, but i still wonder why the BIG PHARMA don’t want resolve this big problem for millions of people….

9. Dr- Im not a doctor(web searcher) says:

Those are amino acids it would be imposible for any fungus to work its way into the eye and on the case of amino acis unless you know how to seperate nitrogen from the compound carefully in your eye i would recommend doing focus exercises for the eye.

*i have also been reading about causes of these symptoms and from a paper by hulman edu i found out the these protiens or molecuse are release in early on set starvation by the body. From that i would note if your condition is not triggerd by age, i would recommend you make sure you have a full daily diet
    2 litters of liquids( water or/and juices), breakfast and dinner with what ever else you feel appropriate in between*

* If the eye is’nt getting the right nutrient try omega 3 pills or eat more green vegetables.*

• John says:

Fungus can get into the eye as well as it can get into ANY part of the body.

Yes, eye floaters can be caused by bad nutrition in my opinion as well and they may be some protein chunks (debris).

• Tomasz says:

Hello John.
        Of course it is fungus, but I am not sure what kind of. Mine fungus looks like Aspergillus. You can easily see your inner eye fungal infection in the morning when you wake up and look with squinting eyes into window glow. Do not blink. Focus your look at light and let your’s black dots to stay in place. They will run down slowly with your in eye fluid. You can see that black dots, most annoying and biggest are in fact the fungus roots. They form black dots because eyes are in constant movements and so fungus swimming around eyes and moving all the time days and nights and eventually they become entangled. They can be removed through vitrectomy surgery by sucking it from eye ball. Maybe non invasive method can be effective by antifungal diet or treatment but fungus are most durable organism in nature and they are virtually imperishable, and very easily adapt to new environments and drugs.

10. gs says:

what dose of fluconazole is required to treat eye fungas

• John says:

If eye floaters were really caused by fungal infection then the fungus is probably present in many areas of the body.

Therefore I think that it is important to work on anti-fungal diet, supplements, deficiencies,… and do not use drugs like fluconazole alone.

These antifungal drugs are hard on the liver so the dosage vary and it depends heavily on the duration of treatment.

11. Marty says:

John, its been some time since this article. Were you able to follow trough with the treatment, and was there a visible difference? Thanks!

• John says:

I never had bad floaters so I can’t say anything specific from my own experience.

If the eye floaters are really a fungal problem then it is more than likely that the fungus grow pretty much everywhere in the body at levels higher than normal.

It always starts with the digestion – so eliminate as much starches as possible and sucrose and fructose of course.

12. Reiji says:

Hi John
    I have always though that those floaters looks exactly like the fungus
    and it looks like the picture above but with slightly different shape
    The floaters in my case are not very visible except for one floater
    Which is visible any time any where,
    it looks like 2 “hyphae” crossed over
    And there is a grayish black spot in the center of them
    (I’m not sure about “center” part as it is not easy to focus on it)
    With some small round circles like the pic
    I don’t really know what is should do about that
    I’m 18 BTW so , I don’t believe in “aging” part as you explained

• John says:

If they are crossed over that makes sense that the center (where they cross) will be darker.

Most doctors and the whole medical system is set to persuade you that most chronic health problems are “a natural process of aging…”.

NO WAY!

13. Wish says:

Has anyone with candida eye floaters been treated with fluconazole by an eye doctor?
    I am pretty sure mine are candida related.
    I wonder if doctors would agree that yeast related eye floaters exist! Is there any way to be diagnosed if floaters are fungus or not?
    I want to be treated with antifungal medication despite its side effects.

• John says:

I do not think that there is a lot of doctors who would admit that the eye floaters are fungus(-related).

I think that eating monosaccharide based diet and Nystatin with oregano oil (taken orally) is enough to get rid of fungal and yeast overgrowth in the gut and the body. But it takes time (at least) – 1 month and often even longer because fungal infections are very stubborn what you can see in cases of nail fungus.