Liver Flush Debunked, Does Not Work for Psoriasis
The principle of liver flush is quite possibly the most stupid way of natural “healing” which is used for many health conditions including the psoriasis. Do you really think that years of chronic health problems and deteriorating liver function can be treated and reversed by some liver flush and even cure psoriasis? Actually, it is impossible.
The idea behind the liver flush is to:
- relax the smooth muscle with Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate)
- soften the gallstones with apple juice (malic acid)
- drink some oil to make the liver produce more bile and gallbladder to release the stored bile (olive oil)
Andreas Moritz as well as Hulda Clark were probably the two most significant promoters of liver flush or gallbladder flush if you want. What amazes me even more than some hopeless belief in liver flush by average people is the fact that someone can write a book about the liver flush which is very simple in theory. Stretching that simple protocol which is based on really unscientific theory to a few hundreds of pages in book needs remarkable skills in fooling the people.
I would really like to know how many people cured themselves of psoriasis or any other condition just practicing the liver flush.
The truth behind the liver flush
What do the promoters of liver flush say?
- A lot of people have gallstones stuck in the gallbladder, liver or in common bile duct and that’s where the liver flush helps
- You can not see the gallstones on x-ray because most of them are not calcified thus unable to be seen on x-ray
- There are the different colors of gallstones – black, green, yellow, reddish
- One should eliminate up to 2000 gallstones over the course of multiple liver flushes
- Liver stones travel continuously from the liver closer to the common bile duct so the symptoms of treated diseases like psoriasis don’t disappear after the first liver flush
- Expelled gallstones should be kept in cold temperature if you want to keep them for whatever reason
What does the science say?
1) Liver flush fans: A lot of people have gallstones stuck in the gallbladder, liver or in common bile duct and that’s where the liver flush helps
Having the stuck gallstone somewhere in the common bile duct would be so painful that the last thing ANY proponent of liver flush has did would be drinking the huge amounts of oil.
It is clear that most people practicing the liver flush and writing the books about the liver or gallbladder flush never had a gallbladder attack.
They have never experienced the pain of having the gallstone stuck in the bile duct but still they recommend ingestion of excessive amounts of oil to force the liver and gallbladder to flush the bile into the small intestine.
If someone had the gallstones the best noninvasive way how to remove them would be ursodeoxycholic acid which is usually prescribed by the doctor as the treatment. Then lecithin and vitamin K1/K2 supplement are two vital natural solutions you can use to help slowly dissolve the gallstones.
Lecithin thins the bile and vitamin K1/K2 plays a role in calcium metabolism so I think that it may help dissolve even the calcified gallstones. But it is just my opinion and dissolving the gallstones takes time.
Diseases like psoriasis are surely not caused by thousands of gallstones and liver stones stuck in the bile ducts.
2) Liver flush fans: You can not see the gallstones on x-ray because most of them are not calcified thus unable to be seen on x-ray
Sure that you can not see the gallstones on your x-ray. At least that is the explanation of the liver flush movement. The authors of the books about the liver flush must say that the gallstones are invisible because otherwise you might start suspecting the whole liver flush thing.
The best money can be made of people who follow the directions like brainwashed without using their brain to think about it first.
Do you really believe that you have 1000’s of gallstones in your gallbladder and liver and you are still alive and without excruciating pain in that area?
If yes then you should wake up because you just bought the book about completely unscientific method supposedly intended to cure you of many ailments.
Do you really think that you are going to remove the thousands of invisible gallstones which are supposedly the major cause of you health problems?
I can tell you that liver function is the most important thing for resolving the psoriasis but the culprit in this is surely not the gallstones.
3) Liver flush fans: There are the different colors of gallstones – black, green, yellow, reddish
Yes, that fake “gallstones” are really different in color because bile, intestinal bacteria, bowel transit time and other factors affect the color of the bile when it goes out of you in the feces.
Proponents of liver flush are making up the completely stupid stories about why there are different color “gallstones”. Actually their arguments are more sad than funny.
4) Liver flush fans: One should eliminate up to 2000 gallstones over the course of multiple liver flushes
I just ask you where are all those gallstones hidden? The average human liver weights about 1.5 kg (3.5 lbs) so if you count the weight and size of all of those thousands of “gallstones” you will expel by multiple liver flushes….
Is there any logic in this?
The liver flushes and subsequent counting the “gallstones” is nothing more than just a belief system. No science, marketing to sell the books, brainwashed people following this fraud.
I wonder why nobody yet started associating the number of psoriasis plaques to number of gallstones. That would be probably too crazy even for the most loyal liver flushers.
5) Liver flush fans: Liver stones travel continuously from the liver closer to the common bile duct so the symptoms of treated diseases like psoriasis don’t disappear after the first liver flush
Nothing travels anywhere!
You can do 100 liver flushes and still get the same huge amount of fake “gallstones” like you got when you did the first liver flush.
The diameter of human common bile duct is about 6mm and up to 8mm in people older than 50 years.
How would those 1.5cm wide and 2cm or 3 cm long “gallstones” get from the liver or gallbladder through the bile duct?
And without having any pain?
Oh, all that liver flush thing is really silly.
6) Liver flush fans: Expelled gallstones should be kept in cold temperature if you want to keep them for whatever reason
This is very important step in order to preserve you fake “gallstones”!
Do you know why?
Because they would dissolve in a room temperature easily after a few days. They would spoil and dissolve into nothing.
That is why I am really curious why those “gallstones” can keep up “surviving” in the body despite being exposed to much more hostile biochemical environment there in the liver and gallbladder.
No, I am not really curious about that I know the answer – those are not the gallstones.
Photo proof: liver flush gallstones are not real
You can find the proof online of how fake are the liver flush gallstones. The author called Webmaster on CureZone.org added the red food coloring to the mix of grapefruit juice and olive oil before ingestion.
What results did he get?
The color of the supposedly expelled “gallstones” was not very red so he tried to cut the gallstone and let it dry a little bit.
After the “gallstone” has dried you can clearly sea that it is also composed of red substance which means that it is surely not a real gallstone but the mixture of ingested ingredients used for liver flush.
After the next 24 hours on the sun you can see what was left of the alleged gallstones.
The real way how to do liver cleanse
The best way how to support the liver is artichoke leaf (as tea or supplement) or bile acids (dried Ox bile or dehydrocholic acid), lecithin granules, B-complex, Milk Thistle and many different antioxidants like NAC, R-lipoic acid… Don’t forget on good fats – omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids because those are ESSENTIAL for the cell membrane and mitochondria!
Since the liver function is essential for healing the psoriasis you can find a lot of articles about the liver on this blog.
Search the posts tagged with endotoxins, bile acids, bile flow, artichoke and psoriasis.
The problem with detoxification is not the cleaning of small intestine, colon or gallbladder. The point is to restore the proper ATP production in cells, detoxify the cells first and the rest will follow itself.
You can not expect that drinking a cup of oil will cleanse your liver, don’t you?
Conclusion on liver flush
I am not saying that the protocol of liver flush may not improve some conditions like psoriasis, asthma or some other inflammatory conditions. It may, I don’t know but surely not because of the oily formations formed in the intestines composed of bile and ingested fat which are not real gallstones.
Ingested fat triggers the bile flow which is an essential process for detoxification of fat soluble toxins. In this regard liver flush may improve many health problems but not because of elimination of gallstones.
The point is that liver flush does not make you expel hundreds or thousands of gallstones. It is really a fraud!
Those who promote the liver flush as the way to expel to gallstones are either so stupid or scammers.
And would you believe either of those kinds of people with your health and psoriasis?
1) Molina DK, DiMaio VJ. Normal organ weights in men: part II-the brain, lungs, liver, spleen, and kidneys. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2012 Dec;33(4):368-72. – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22182984
2) Senem Senturk, Tugba Cezlan Miroglu, Aslan Bilici, Hatice Gumus, Rojbin Ceylan Tekin, Faysal Ekici, Güven Tekbas. Diameters of the common bile duct in adults and postcholecystectomy patients: A study with 64-slice CT. European Journal of Radiology Volume 81, Issue 1, January 2012, Pages 39–42.